Operating Room/PACU Nurse
Crittenden Community Hospital has an immediate opening for Full-time OR/PACU Nurse. Competitive salary and benefits package available.
The OR/PACU Nurse is responsible for the care of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients from the time of admission to the OR through discharge from PACU.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans and assists in patient pre-operative teaching appropriate to age and educational
2. Verifies the medical record before accepting the patient to assure signed and witnessed informed consent for the procedure has been obtained
3. Verifies medical record for completion and documentation of all ordered lab, cardiopulmonary and x-ray results
4. Assists in developing the patient's plan of care
5. Maintains proper equipment and supplies in surgery
6. Performs surgical scrubs per policy and procedure
7. Maintains required records related to surgical and endoscopy procedures
8. Prepares specimens and completed forms for lab
9. Assists anesthesia personnel with transport of patient to the recovery area
10. Assists in developing the patient's plan of care
11. Maintains proper equipment and supplies in the recovery room
12. Verifies medical record for post-anesthesia orders and initiates
13. Monitors patients vital signs per policy
14. Observes cardiac monitoring of patient
15. Observes surgical dressing and monitors for bleeding
16. Monitors level of consciousness
17. Monitors intake and output
18. Performs in a professional manner at all times
19. Maintains patient confidentiality
20. Complies with departmental policies and procedures.
21. Must be on call as schedule requires
22. Participates in performance improvement activities as assigned.
23. Supports the corporate mission: "To provide quality, cost-effective healthcare in a positive and productive work environment"
24. Adheres to the corporate values: Respect, quality service, teamwork, simplicity, creativity
25. Complies with all applicable state and federal laws and conducts job activities in an ethical manner as outlined in Crittenden Community Hospital policies and procedures and in accordance with the standards and practices stipulated in the Corp. Compliance Plan.
1. Assists in orientation of new staff
2. Attends and participates in all mandatory nursing department meetings, unless prior approval for absence is obtained..
3. Assists in collecting, interpreting and evaluating CQI activities
4. Presents a professional appearance and complies with the hospital dress code
5. Performs other related duties as assigned, to include competency to perform as recovery room nurse
1. Current license to practice nursing in the state of Kentucky
2. Follows Kentucky Nurse Practice Act for licensure
3. Minimum of two years experience as registered nurse preferred
4. BLS certification
5. ACLS, PALS required (within the first 6 months of employment)
6. Demonstrates competency in surgery, recovery room and Central Sterile
7. Demonstrates an understanding of and provides age appropriate nursing care to pediatric adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
8. Good communication skills.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Position Type : Full Time
Crittenden Community Hospital
520 West Gum Street
Marion, KY 42064
Crittenden Community Hospital, immediate opening, Part-time OR/PACU Nurse, or nurse, pacu nurse, nurse